What's the Difference?
At CJDS, we are very fortunate to have a supportive, generous community, which is so critical to creating a vibrant school, dynamic staff, and exceptional learning environment. Each year, our Annual Campaign raises $1.45 million from foundations, CJDS families, the Jewish Federation, and community members. These funds ensure that we maintain the high standards we have set for ourselves. As we are building and moving to a new campus, many of you have asked how to support the school. To that end, we want to explain the difference between our Annual and Capital Campaigns. At this time, both are critically important, and we hope you will join us in some way.
- Annual campaign should be everyone's first giving priority!
- Tuition covers 75% of our operating costs. Our annual campaign makes up the additional 25% to ensure that budget, program, and service demands are met each year.
- Contributions can be paid all at once or in monthly installments within the giving year.
- Contributions can be targeted to a specific fund through our Giving Tree.
- A capital campaign is secondary to an annual campaign and only occurs during periods of expansion.
- All gifts to the capital campaign go exclusively to efforts to build our new campus, its construction, and interiors.
- In order to maximize participation, gifts can be paid in a single payment or over five years.
- At certain gift levels, there are opportunities to honor or memorialize areas of the new campus.
It is safe to say that CJDS cannot shine without the success of both campaigns.
Ways you can help CJDS thrive
- Identify prospective donors and introduce them to the school. When potential donors see our students and teachers at work, the product sells itself. Contact Naomi Shapiro to schedule a tour.
- Be an ambassador. Our greatest marketing tool, whether for potential parents or donors, is you. Spread the word about CJDS, its mission and vision, and the fantastic students and faculty.