Educating our children in the richness of their past, the diversity of their present, and the possibilities for their future.
Chicago Jewish Day School is a multi-denominational Jewish day school that provides a standard of excellence in both Judaic and General Studies through an integrated, multi-sensory curriculum that is attentive to students' individual needs.
- 223 students
- Celebrated our New Campus Construction on September 7, 2017 with over 200 people in our CJDS community, including Dr. Steven B. Nasatir, Michael Zaransky, JUF lay leadership and staff, Alderman Deb Mell of the 33rd Ward, Illinois State Representative Jaime Andrade, Jr. of the 40th District, our supporters and many more!
- Moved to our New Campus--April 9, 2018 for Phase I! (renovated the California building, Grade 5 pavilion and partially renovated the gym and 2 classrooms in Mozart building)
- Celebrating our New Campus Celebration on June 3, 2018 with over 500 people in our CJDS community! In honor of our milestone, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and the City of Chicago announced that June 3, 2018 would be Chicago Jewish Day School Day!
- Over 200 students
- In support of Chicago Jewish Day School’s Capital Campaign, the Crown Family will provide up to $10 Million in the form of two gifts: a $5 Million leadership gift, plus up to $5 Million in matching funds to match contributions to the capital campaign.
- Middle School students performed fifth musical production in their arts specialty.
Over 200 students with over 50 students in our Middle School
- Launched CJDS Bus Transportation with three buses offering multiple stops, spanning from Downtown Chicago to Skokie
- Identified CJDS’s new future home! A 2.6 acre campus complete with multiple state-of-the-art buildings, on-site gymnasium, field, ample outdoor space for play and learning and parking, all on a tree-lined street accessible from major thoroughfares.
- First CJDS Grade 8 Israel Extension Trip in addition to the CFJE Ta’am Yisrael trip
- 181 students
- 10th Anniversary
- Raised over $1.2 million through our first community-wide fundraising event
- Created the CJDS Mascot: Rams
- 139 students — Added Grade Seven
- CJDS video wins PEJE recognition
- Torah Dedication — CJDS received its first Torah
- 118 students — Added Grade Six
- Middle School opened
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS) Provisional Accreditation issued to CJDS
- City Park opened with the partnership of CJDS
- Created first CJDS Video
- 103 students — Added Grade Five
- Parent Committee formalizes its goals and objectives
- Morah Penina Berdugo is awarded the 2008 Grinspoon-Steinhardt Award of Excellence in Jewish Education
- 76 students — Added Grade Four
- Founders at Five event and school-wide Aladdin event at Emerald City to celebrate five years
- Parent Committee First Annual Honey Sale
- Website goes live
- 35 students — Added Grade Two
- Moved to Emanuel Congregation
- First Tashlich on the beach of Lake Michigan
- 20 students – Added Junior Kindergarten and Grade One
- Passover seder at St. Alphonsus
- Wicked — First Fundraising Event
- First day of school at St. Alphonsus
- Seven students — Opened Kindergarten
- First Culmination — many, many, many more to follow
- First Rabbis’ Round Table hosted by our Kindergartners
- First office housed at Temple Sholom
- First CJDS Open House held at Temple Sholom
- First staff and educational consultants hired
- CJDS logo and branding developed to best reflect the mission
- Parlor meetings held throughout Chicago and Evanston
- Feasibility Study for a multi-denominational Jewish day school in the city of Chicago
- Partner for Excellence in Jewish Education (PEJE) Assessment and First Grant Application
- Vision Workshop
- Formation of the Board and its committees
- Apply for PEJE Grant and receive three year grant