Across the nation, schools are engaging in learning and making a commitment to being digital citizens. Digital citizenship is appropriate and responsible behavior regarding technology use. Digital citizens think critically about what they see online and learn to make their own smart and safe choices online and in life.
At CJDS this week, we engaged in conversations on what our rights and responsibilities are to the world of technology. Students' responses were:
- We have a right to be safe online.
- We have a right not to be cyberbullied, and we should report if you see cyberbullying to an adult.
- We have a right to our privacy.
- We should take care of our devices.
- We should be mindful of what we post online.
- We should find a healthy balance regarding the amount of screen time we use each day.