Thank you for your interest in Chicago Jewish Day School! CJDS offers an exciting and innovative dual curriculum, encompassing the best of General Studies, Hebrew and Judaic Studies. At CJDS, learning is approached in a safe, collaborative, and supportive educational environment. As our school continues to grow, we are looking for creative and collaborative faculty to join and expand our team.
Please review the descriptions of the open position(s) and their requirements below.
The following positions are currently available:
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Middle School Special Education Teacher/Learning Specialist (Maternity Position)
We are always looking for qualified candidates for substitutes in all grades and disciplines. Please email a current resume to our Substitute Coordinator, Jennifer Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Chicago Jewish Day School offers an exciting and innovative dual curriculum, encompassing the
best of General Studies, Hebrew and Judaic Studies. At CJDS, learning is approached in a safe,
collaborative, and supportive educational environment.
The Learning Specialist is responsible for the implementation of the instructional program for
students with specialized learning needs. The Learning Specialist facilitates a caseload of
students, in partnership with the Middle School Director, Educational Psychologist, classroom
teachers, paraprofessionals, and related service providers.
• Understands academic, social, and behavioral characteristics for middle school students
• Creates a positive structured learning environment
• Strong understanding of literacy and math development in children and ability to work
with team members to proactively develop individualized educational plans with
specific learning objectives tailored to students’ needs
• Strong understanding of how to use multiple forms of assessment in informing and
• Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of
commitment; ability to work as part of a team
• Commits to school community through work with colleagues and participation in school
• Learning specialist teacher to caseload of children with specialized learning plans,
providing both direct services and working with classroom teachers to support students
in their classrooms
• Collaborate with teachers, parents/guardians on an ongoing basis
• Serve as a collaborative member of the school St team and assist teaching team in
developing academic and behavioral interventions for students undergoing evaluations
• Attend all required professional development sessions and teacher meetings
• Other duties as required by the Director of Middle School or REACH Team
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred – Special Education or related degree
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to Paulette Herbstman at Chicago Jewish Day